Sunday, May 11, 2008

Painting as fast as a Cheetah runs

Lessons in speed painting...Pick that color and paint like hell! Yeah I know some of my former instructors may kill me if they heard me saying this. "Take your time, observe, stop rushing" Well there's a place too for speed painting of course (just ask any concept/matte painter at a major studio). It's a good overall challenge for me too, being one of the most indecisive people in the world.
As I said in my previous post I'm working on a personal project about cheetahs. I decided to start adding speed paintings to the mix of their habitats. I'm also currently doing anatomical studies of the cheetahs. These are all being done traditionally on large Canson paper using pencil, chalk, and dry pastels. Since they're larger, they're a bit trickier to get into the computer. I could take a digital pic of them, but I'm rarely satisfied with the colors in these. All I know is, I'm having so much fun doing this project. I really do look forward to working on it each day. It acts as incentive to get my "paying" work done and onto this. Good times!

No comments: