Friday, July 18, 2008

TUNA: A Love Story

I was just reading a magazine column of the author's favorite picks for new books on the market, and one of them was called Tuna: A Love Story. Well this made me laugh like a maniac because for those of you who don't know, my little cat's name is Tuna, and I LOVE HER TO DEATH. Sarah, my fiance, I think gets a little jealous sometimes of the bond we share. I've had Tuna for about three years now since she was a nine week old kitten. She's all black, with yellow-green eyes, with a really long tail. I've never had a pet I've felt so close to, and it's especially strange because up to her I never really had interest in having a cat. Sarah's cat Tippy passed away a few months before we got Tuna, and that was really my first experience living with a cat. Tippy really grew on me, and I was really sad when she passed. But now I have Tuna! She's a pain in the ass sometimes, but she's been such a great little companion, and has helped get me through some tougher times. So when I saw Tuna: A Love Story, I immediately thought of me and Tuna, and all the cheesy, cliche images you'd see from romance movies. Running down the beach seemed like the best image to bring this across. Ahhh, good times.

No comments: