Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Seagulls of Seacliff

You know when you do those things in life that you basically know the negative outcome, but do it anyway? Well welcome to my life...

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was drawing recently and had a little run-in with some seagulls. I was in the beautiful, yet foggy and cold San Francisco neighborhood Seacliff. I climbed up onto a huge boulder along the shoreline, and started sketching. The whole time I was there, nearby were about 3 seagulls. They were just these mangy looking birds. They looked like they were soaked in sewage water and in the tenth round of a fight they were badly losing. So after a while of looking at them, I felt bad and found what I think was food in my bag and I threw a few pieces to one. Well before I knew it a whole flock of seagulls (not the 80's band), pigeons, crows, and sparrows surrounded me. It made Hitchcock's The Birds look like a Disney movie. I should have known...I did know...I just wasn't thinking...D'OH!

No comments: